We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a small commission from the links on this page with no additional cost to you. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Every automobile has its own set of component parts that make it perform its intended function: Take you from Point A to Point B comfortably and safely. One of the more important components of your car that is mostly taken for granted is the strut system.
Our Top Recommendation!
Folks are often confused with struts and shocks and think that they are the same. They are different. The only function of your shocks is to dampen the effects of road conditions such as potholes but the struts are the true heroes in providing you with the comfortable and smooth ride that you always want to experience on your car.
Also, struts are part of the suspension. They do 2 functions – First, they do a shock damping function like shocks. And the rod of a strut is 3 times the diameter of shocks. Second, they have a function which shocks can’t do which is to provide structural support for your car’s suspension. This produces riding comfort, car control and handling, wheel alignment, steering and affects the wear of the tires.
With continuous use, the suspension system, including the struts, will decline in performance. Be attentive to the signs of deteriorating struts so that you can be able to replace them before the driving conditions of your car becomes a problem.
You will be able to notice it when your struts are becoming problems when your car is beginning to bounce more times than expected and also shake uncontrollably while you are driving.
No matter how durable or reliable your struts are when you bought them, they have a lifespan and an expiry period. So it is really important that you pay heed to what your automobile is trying to make you feel about its condition.
If this is the time that you need new struts, and you don’t know where to begin, start here. You’ve come to the right place. Read our recommendations below and finally, make your own decision on what are the best struts to purchase.
The top 8 Struts that we strongly recommend
Struts are complicated components of your car and not every brand or variant is compatible with just any vehicle type or make. You have to make sure if the struts you want are designed to be fitted to your car before purchasing them.
Right ahead of you here, we will share with you our top choices of premium quality struts that you can buy now. If you make that decision, your car will remain in excellent running condition regardless of the road conditions in your area and also regardless of the age of your car.
Please also bear in mind, before making a purchase, that some struts are pre-assembled while the others require you to do the assembly. Also, be alert for other things like the warranty of your desired struts and also the reviews of what other people say about the struts you are targeting to buy.
Give all these factors a thought before making the purchasing and installing the struts on your car. Then go ahead and make that strut purchase.
1. SENSEN 100575-FS-SS Front Struts
SENSEN Product General Features:
- No complications repair with the components on hand making you zero dependent on specialty tools.
- The fabrication of the components is expected to meet or surpass OE specs for function and fit.
- Certified by both ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2203.
- SENSEN lifetime warranty.
- All the strut products are from Sensen itself and not from subcontractors. Not all, if not a majority of strut brands can make this claim.
- Excellent lifetime warranty.
- Accurately designed for a compatible fit.
- Restores factory ride height.
- ISO certified
- The strut rod’s material is high-quality carbon steel with a chrome finish. The spring seat is sourced from heavy gauge steel.
- Leak resistance due to the outer seal being made from NOK seal (Japan made). The joints are sealed by robotic weld.
- Quality OE replacement struts at an affordable price.
- Stiffness is not so much compared to other strut brands. But some people don’t like stiff struts.
- Compatibility is limited to some specific car brands and makes. Check before purchasing.
No Amazon comments but ratings are perfect 5 stars.
2. DETROIT AXLE 10064-8 2.2 And 2.4 L Front Rear Struts Replacement With Sway Bar Links, Coil Springs, And Shock Absorbers Suspension Kit – 8 PC SET
Car Compatibility: 1997 to 2001 Toyota Camry 2.2 L built before July 2001; 1999 to 2003 Toyota Solara 2.2 and 2.4 L built before June 2003.
Detroit Axle Company and Product General Features:
- It has over 30 years of experience in automotive parts and is a well known worldwide distributor. Excellent components with reasonable prices.
- 10064-8 is already a complete strut assembly for front and rear. The 4 sway bars that come with it prevent the car from leaning or swaying to one side.
- Can be installed by yourself without the need for extra tools.
- After installation, you will have better control over steering. Clanking noises will be non-existent.
- You will not feel unwanted vibrations from bumps on the road.
- The upper strut mount has SAE grade bearings, nuts, and bolts.
- Debris is kept off the absorber tube by the rubber dust boot, thereby increasing strut assembly life.
- The steel piston rod part is highly rigid and tough because it has been treated with high-frequency heat.
- Vehicle vibration is reduced because of the oil-hydraulic circuit system.
- It raises the backside by 1 inch.
- Warranty information is not so clear.
- Limited compatibility to certain car brands and makes. Check before purchasing.
They fit my 1999 Toyota Camry like what I expect. I’m just surprised that the ride height is higher than before…
Wait a sec, Detroit Axle sent me 4 rear struts instead of 2 front and 2 rear. I just wasted a Saturday morning…Ben
3. Monroe Shocks And Struts 139105 Quick-Strut and Coil Spring Assembly
Car Compatibility: 2008 to 2013 Chevrolet Silverado, 2008 to 2013 GMC Sierra
Monroe Company and Product Description:
- All Monroe Quick-Strut assemblies are assembled and fabricated in Paragould, Arkansas, USA. All the required components are in a single unit and are all fit tested, ride checked, and configured to restore factory ride height and performance.
- Restores ride and handling standards unique to each vehicle profile.
- Easier, quicker and safer installation because everything you need for strut replacement is there in a single assembled unit.
- Its quality upper strut mount gives your car smooth, like brand new precision and there’s no worry for noise, vibration, memory steer, and harshness.
- A superior tube and weld design made with premium steel delivers structural integrity and durability.
- Warranty information is vague.
- The top mounting bolts can’t be tightened because they are made from soft metal which can be damaged if tightened.
- Limitations in compatibility with only some specific vehicle brands and makes.
Installation on my pickup done in a couple of hours. Everything went smoothly. The truck ride feels great…
If you purchase Monroe struts on Amazon, they make you contact Amazon for any warranty issues, and that delays so much of my time…
I like the struts and it took 2 hours to put in with no previous experience. I suggest you watch YouTube for installation instructions before digging in…Ice
4. KYB SR4135 STRUT PLUS Complete Corner Unit Assembly For CAMRY, ACCORD, AND FORERUNNER
Car Compatibility: Honda Accord, Toyota Forerunner, Toyota Camry. Check the year of make for compatibility before purchase.
KYB Company and Product General Description:
- Unlike its competitors, KYB produces corner specific part numbers that are designed to restore performance for different engine sizes, ride heights, vehicle weights, and also left and right specific applications. KYB is one of the most trusted names in OEM premium shocks and struts.
- The advantage when cornering because the front end doesn’t sag and the “brick road” responsiveness issue over hard speed bumps is not a problem anymore after installation.
- It is already a complete assembly.
- Restores the original ride height and stability due to the heat-treated coil spring.
- Maintains wheel alignment, thereby prolonging tire life.
- Affordable OE replacement.
- The strut mount is designed for a compatible fit that reduces noise, harshness, and vibration.
- The vehicle doesn’t bottom out and the impact is softened due to the Jounce Bumper.
- Road debris and salt can’t go through because of the strut boot which covers the highly polished chrome shaft.
- Limited compatibility to certain car brands and makes.
- Usually costs $20 or more than other brands but the quality is tops.
1) These struts are wonderful. I had originally replaced my front struts with Monroe struts, that was a big error on my part. The Monroe struts make clunking and rattling noise over the smallest bump and were very annoying but with these kyb struts, it’s like having my car new…
2) Perfect fit on my 2007 Honda Accord…
3) Kyb strut plus are the bomb. Easy to install on my honda and brought the ride height back up. 172000 mi on the vehicle and with the new struts it feels like brand new…
5. AUTOSAVER88 Full Complete Struts Front And Rear Shock Coil Spring Assembly
Car Compatibility: 2005 to 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt; 2006 to 2011 Chevrolet HHR; 2007 to 2009 Pontiac G5; 2005 to 2006 Ford Pursuit,
Autosavers888 Company and Product Description:
- A relatively new car component brand that strives to meet or exceed OE standards and specifications.
- Easy and secure installation because the strut assembly is complete. Includes already the strut, coil spring, strut mount, bumper kit, boot, isolator, and spring seat.
- A relatively new car brand, inexperienced with the struts market.
- Short 1 year warranty.
1) Entire experience from the ordering up to the tightening of the last lug and down to the passenger tire was very smooth…
2) Got these for my HHR, made sure to check out my sway bar links (source of noise). Minimal mechanical knowledge required…Morrie
6. MOSTPLUS Front And Rear Complete Strut And Spring Assemblies
Car Compatibility: 1993 to 2002 Toyota Corolla, 1998 to 2002 Chevrolet Prizm
MostPlus Company Description:
- It is a Chinese company and their strut assemblies compatible with non-luxury cars like the Toyota Corolla are good enough results wise for the affordability of the price.
- The upper strut mount has superior nuts, bolts, and bearings that meet OEM standards compared to the original parts.
- Rubber to steel firm bonding achieves superior performance.
- They have Jounce Bumpers which he’ll avoid damage if the suspension bottoms out.
- The Strut Dust Boot extends the life of the assembly by covering against dust and debris.
- High silicon is used to withstand metal fatigue.
- Only 3-year warranty.
- Compatible only for specific car makes.
Before, the car jostled back and forth, bouncing and bottoming out on corners, bumps, potholes, and dips. Now with the new struts assembly put on, the car laughs at these things…Andy
The set of struts fitted like a glove with no problems or complications…Daniel
7. OREDY Struts Full Set Complete Shocks Assembly Coil Spring Assembly Kit Strut Assembly
Car Compatibility: 2004 to 2006 Lexus ES330 (except models with adaptive variable suspension), 2004 to 2006 Toyota Solara (production up to June 2006), 2004 to 2006 Toyota Camry (except Se models),
Oredy Company Description:
- This company has only been in the car components business for a few years but it is already highly regarded for the quality make of its products.
- SAE grade nuts, bolts, and bearings, and superior rubber to steel bonding.
- Each coil spring is accurately calibrated to support the car’s weight and ensure correct ride height.
- Has a strut dust boot to protect the assembly from dirt and debris.
- Brand new products, no refurbished parts.
- Has high-performance strut assembly oil with anti foam and anti-shear properties. This reduces internal wear and tear.
- Can’t take rough rides. Based on reviews, it is very bumpy.
- Compatible only with specific vehicle brands and makes.
Not a perfect fit for my car. Lowered it a few inches. And I have to be careful over bumps…John
Quality is really made in China. The rear strut broke down within months…
8. MILLION PARTS Pair Front Complete Strut Shock Absorber Assembly
Car Compatibility: 2005 to 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt, 2006 to 2011 Pontiac G5, 2006 to 2011 Chevrolet HHR, 2005 TO 2006 Ford Pursuit
- OEM design direct fit. Ready to install with no special tools required.
- Assembly already complete with strut, spring, coil, and mounts.
- Compatible only with specific car brands and makes.
Another person helped me out but I could actually do it on my own. Only 45 minutes per strut was needed…Alex
The mechanic wanted $700 for labor costs to install these on my Cobalt. But it only took me about 1 hour to replace the struts myself. China made but they are very good, no more rattling…Craig
What differentiates the 8 brands and what to choose for your car?
I would choose the SENSEN strut assembly if it were compatible with my car. Its lifetime warranty is so comforting to the customer.
And what other competitors could say that they are ISO certified and that all the components in their strut assembly are not sourced from a subcontractor? -From among the 8, only SENSEN can claim that all its components are from its own factory.
So the clear winner is SENSEN, but when your car is only compatible with specific strut assemblies, choose the best.
After all, being said, it is time to hand down a verdict on the best strut assembly. If you come to think of it, not one brand of strut assembly caters to all car brands and makes.
Take for example the Toyota Camry. Among the 8 recommended strut assemblies, only the Detroit Axle, KYB, and Oredy variants are compatible with its suspension mechanism.
But if I were the owner of the Toyota Camry, I will choose the KYB variant hands down. Detroit Axle will raise the rear by 1 inch and its warranty is vague and Oredy is just a new unproven brand. I wouldn’t like those. But KYB’s claim that the front end of the Camry won’t sag and I won’t be experiencing brick road vibrations when my Camry jumps over hard speed bumps is just too attractive a proposition.
I won’t mind if I spend $20 or more on a KYB if it delivers. All the 8 recommended strut assemblies are proud to say that their nuts, bolts, and bearings are SAE grade or more and all have rubber dust boots to protect the strut mechanism from dirt and debris.